Mike is well-known in the investigations field as a sought-after private investigator and nationally known Polygraph examiner, author etc. He has specialized training from law enforcement to Private investigations as well as Polygraph and lie detection. Both he and his investigations and polygraph cases have been heard on the news and seen on television. Here’s a list of his credentials and experiences:
- Mankato PT Peace Officers School Graduate
- Maryland Institute of Criminal Justice Graduate
- Full Member of the APA (American Polygraph Association)
- Member of the NPA (National Polygraph Association)
- Founding Vice President of the MNPA (Minnesota Polygraph Association)
- Retired Scott County Sheriff’s Department (Reserve Sheriff Deputy)
- PCSOT Post Convicted Sex Offender Testing certified
- PCSOT and APA certified
- Co-authored the bylaws for Minnesota Polygraph Association
- Translator usage experience
- Tested at many different agencies including county courthouses, county corrections and the US Attorney’s Office / Federal Court House
- Federal custody testing experience
- Experienced persuasion interviewer / Interrogator with advanced training
- Radio and television exposure both as an investigator as well as major cases in the media.
- Author of publications available worldwide pertaining to deception
Mr. Delbow also has a history of teaching use of force / defensive tactics and is a nationally known firearms instructor adding extensive knowledge to cases involving use of force and or weapons and firearms.
Mark has over 20 years of law enforcement experience, mainly in investigations. He has won various awards and national recognition for his investigative work including the United States Attorney’s Office Justice Award.
Mark has worked as a Deputy Sheriff, Narcotics Investigator, Minnesota BCA Agent, and was a 10+ year member of an FBI gang/gun/drug/violent crime task force. He previously held a Top Secret security clearance through the FBI. He has thousands of hours of training and experience in numerous law enforcement disciplines including but not limited to: complex investigations, RICO, organized crime cases, drug enforcement, informant recruitment and management, murder investigations, fugitive apprehension, physical surveillance, and technical surveillance along with extensive undercover experience. Mark has a specialty in interview and interrogation.
Mark has extensive courtroom experience in state and federal courts including testimony in complex cases, case agent in federal trials, (some up to 6 weeks in length with 50+ witnesses), and expert testimony.
He has also been an adjunct Professor of Law Enforcement and given police training at the state, local and national level including being a featured speaker at several national conferences in Washington, D.C.